[mythtv-users] AC3 Passthru doesn't work on Nforce4 ALC850

Branden Stanley branstan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 01:07:25 UTC 2006

Honestly this took me by surprise when it started working. I'm not too
sure which of the things actually worked. Currently my asound.conf is
the stock FC5 and my asound.state is too(both attached) The others are
the ones found online that I used and reverted back to the originals.

They key may be enabling "something" in the aslamixergui. I seem to
remember having to turn the IEC958 on and off or vice versa before if
"just worked"

Also in myth .20 I switched to /dev/dsp and default pcm
passthrough ac3 & DTS
/dev/mixer
Works. Dolby 5.1 and 2.0
xine is set under speaker arrangement to pass through. Getting 5.1 on my dvds

Sorry I cant just tell you what is was that got that sucker working.
I spent too many hours troubleshooting that day....

Hopefully this is going to point you in the right direction.