[mythtv-users] Animated fading effect for menu

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Sat Sep 16 11:43:38 UTC 2006

On Sep 11, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Sam Wong wrote:

> just saw a Windows MCE working today, and for the first time I notice
> that how every little UI features could help the users. I personally
> think that the zooming in when you enter into a submenu and zooming
> out
> when you go back up could help my mom better.
>
> Recently I introduced the mythtv setup to her, appearently she has a
> problem in confirming she has gone into a submenu when she click
> select.

As long as we're talking about menu usability, it might be nice to
add direction arrow graphics (like tivo) and a "click sound" to
confirm button presses. Obviously the sound should be configurable.
Being new to MythTV I found initially that it was difficult to figure
out what submenu I was in or where I could go from the point I was
at. By having directional arrow graphics I think it would be a bit
easier to navigate the menus.

My 0.02.

--
Scott