[mythtv-users] FTP server

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 08:50:07 UTC 2006

On 9/16/06, Darren <fender_bender at aandr.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all
> I have been trying to share files with friends using proftpd but they have not
> been able to view the file tree. I suspect that data is not going out and
> that I will need to open some ports other than tcp 21 22. Any more help will
> be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> darren
>
> --

Not sure this is the right medium for your question, but...

Are you sure you have a correctly setup proftpd.conf file?  Also, do
you have anonymous setup, or are your users authenticating?  Do you
have a firewall on the system itself (as opposed to an external one
like a Smoothwall or one built into a router), if so, is it blocking
the traffic?

Do your logs tell you anything?  If not, then traffic is indeed not
getting through, if it is, it may be mentioning what is wrong.  Can
they view the content, but just not download/copy it?

How are they connecting, via an actual client (like Fetch on Mac) or
through the command line ftp client, or through a web browser using
the ftp:// protocol?

Wayyy too little information for anyone to make an educated response,
but a lucky guess might get you on your way ;)

-Chad