[mythtv-users] FC5 Upgrade 0.19 -> 0.20 - Painless?

Tim Berger tim.berger at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 04:43:00 UTC 2006

On 9/14/06, Shanon Mulley <shanonmulleyster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm currently running Mythtv 0.19 on FC5, installed via yum/smart
> (using the fedora repositories - I forget the specifics).
>
> Obviously I'm looking to upgrade in the near future. But, I want it to
> be absolutely painless. Right now I don't have much time to
> troubleshoot issues that might arise, so I cant afford for things to
> go wrong.
>
> So, I'm hanging back until the all the little issues with the
> repository have been sorted out.

As far as I can tell, they are sorted out.

Just upgraded to 0.20 from 0.19 this evening.  Stopped backend, dumped
database, yum install mythtv-suite, start backend.  Regularly scheduled
recordings began as expected.
Two front-ends working just fine w/mmx.  Took about 15min waiting for yum to
download packages.  This is fc5 on i386.

If this were windows I'd be screaming with my hair on fire holding on for
dear life in the event of a blue screen of death. ;-)

Relax.  This is Linux.  If things go horribly bad, just restore your
database and go back to 0.19.

--
-Tim