[mythtv-users] nvidia 8774, r5d1 - interesting

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri Sep 15 15:38:08 UTC 2006

Hi *

I'm just experiencing with gf5200 and 8774 under r5d1 connected via S-Video.
Resolution in XFree is set to 720x576.
When I to turn-on de-interlace and xvmc - my 2.53G celereon has 15% load
in mythfrontend process and 85% load in X process.
Only way to reduce CPU load is use Option "XvMCUsesTextures" "true".
But with this option Xv controls stopped to work !
Hmm....

What funny: when I use VGA instead of S-Video - load is OK (only 15% for
mythfrontend)

Have anybody similar experience with 8774 ?
Maybe there is king of workaround ?