[mythtv-users] Dual-FireWire troubles in 0.20 solution found

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Sep 15 04:59:43 UTC 2006

Thanks to a lot of back-and-forth debugging with the extremely-helpful
Jim Westfall, the author of MythTV's FireWire code, we determined that
reducing the HD Ringbuffer to 23500 (I'd had it set to the 96000
maximum since first setting the system up in December) permits two
FireWire streams to record simultaneously record. Since having this
number set high is good for ATSC recording, I trust that Jim will work
up a longer-term solution to the issue shortly.