[mythtv-users] XvMC OpenGL nvidia build question

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Fri Sep 15 00:03:58 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/14/06 11:10, Tom Lichti wrote:
>
>> jack snodgrass wrote:
>>
>> Not sure. I hacked the configure script to do what I wanted, but I know
>> what I did is not correct (as in useful for the masses), but it worked
>> for me. I basically just remove the xvmcw option, so it hits the nvidia
>> stuff.
>
> In truth, you don't want to use it...
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/203600#203600
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/202450#202450

I can second that, but for different reasons that listed in that thread.

I used --enable-xvmc-opengl, and all recordings were slow, dropped
audio, wouldn't scale correctly and looked like a rainbow had been
placed on top of the image.

I've since moved back to .19-fixes, but I'm not going to add that option
in next time.