[mythtv-users] Got my FX5200! Couple installation questions.

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Sep 14 20:54:50 UTC 2006

Ok, I'm excited. I got my FX5200 so I'll finally be able to get a true
FE on my home theater. Before I attempt the installation I thought I'd
ask a couple basic questions. For background, I'll be doing SVideo and
playing MPEG2 recordings. No HD at this time. System is FC5.

Should I change the current display settings to something very generic
before installing the card? That way when I reboot it will load X ok?

Once SVideo out is working will I be able to have a monitor plugged in
as well? Guess I'll find this out either way once it's installed.

I was planning on using nvidia rpms from yum. I've read that version
1.0.8756 is a known working version. I'll try the latest first unless
someone suggests differently.

I have no experience with XvMC, according to the wiki that's a must. Any
other settings I should watch out for?

Thanks,
James