[mythtv-users] .20 needing more CPU than .19? (My upgrade story)

Rich Harkins rich at worldsinfinite.com
Thu Sep 14 11:20:10 EDT 2006

[snip]

I am seeing pegged CPU on my AMD 2400+ FC5 cheapo for mythbackend when
it is recording (typically this is around 40%).  Live TV staggers and
jumps due, apparently, to CPU starvation.  I have no interlacing options
set and have turned off the rescale for 480x480 thing.  strace doesn't
seem to show enormous system activity when the CPU is spiked, so I'm
guessing this might be some inefficiency in the compressor but I can't
tell from my vantage point using the yum rpm's.

I haven't tried compiling from sources yet -- I only had about 40
minutes to diagnose the problem after upgrade last night.

If there is something concrete I can try, please let me know.

Thanks!
Rich