[mythtv-users] Error Transcoding HD H264 v0.2 11156

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Thu Sep 14 14:12:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Stephen Boddy wrote:

> You're assuming that the transmitted signal strength is the same for SD and
> HD. This is a limited trial transmitted at low power from Crystal Palace. It
> is only available within the North Circular, and even then, there's probably
> black spots.

This is (partially) incorrect - BBC-HD is available throuout the UK (and
parts of Europe) on Astra 2D (28.2E), 10.847GHz Vertical.  You're only
limited to parts of London if you're receiving it using DVB-T.

I can't see any reason why the signal would be any weaker than any other
transponder on Astra 2D.  I had seen some mention that the Astra 2D signal
was DVB-S2 but the fact that I can pick it up at all on my Nova-S-Plus
indicates that it's actually DVB-S.  Unfortunately I can't find a lot of
technical data on the beeb's website.

--

  - Steve