[mythtv-users] Way to turn off opengl via command line (.20)?

Trey Thompson trey at verustech.com
Thu Sep 14 14:49:50 UTC 2006

> Hello! I have my myth box set up in my entertainment center.  This
makes
> it hard to administer anything from down there.  Since I turned on the
> openGL windows I am no longer able to remotely administer the box
> (mythtfrontend or mythtvsetup).  Is there a way to turn this off via
the
> command line so I can vnc into the server?  Thanks!

I had to do this last night.  I THINK it's:
mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt

That's just an override I think, it doesn't change the config in the
database.  You can change that once you're in...

Or, you could also just update the row in MySQL (I use phpMyAdmin
instead of the command line).  The settings table has a row with the
value column = 'ThemePainter'.  So if you're remote, you could just
change that to 'qt', then restart the frontend (just escape out all the
way).

By the way, I'm a SERIOUS AMATEUR here, so be careful editing your SQL
data directly.  And, if anyone notices that this messes anything up,
please let me know.