[mythtv-users] Nbie question--should I take the plunge?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 22:07:53 UTC 2006

> 1) I have a significant other who is considerably less technically
> adept. Is this going to be a pain in the *ss for her to use and will I
> have to spend a significant amount of time handholding? Or once the
> system is up and running will it be relatively problem free?

Once it's installed and up and running the WAF will be extremely high.
It's very easy to use as it's all controlled by remote control and you
shouldn't need to hold hands very much - unless you want to of course.

But one warning note.... while it's pretty stable and easy to use, I
find the temptation to fiddle and tweak just for the sheer fun of it
is too great, which subsequently leads to a severe reduction in WAF
when I break it...