[mythtv-users] mytharchive themes

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Sep 13 20:48:35 UTC 2006

Roy Lofthouse wrote:
> Well I updated to .20 (excellent work everyone) and finally got to
> play with mytharchive.  This is a great addition to myth, and I have
> now started to have a go at making my own themes...
>
> One question (for the moment:)..  how do the intro mpg files get
> created?  I tried putting in my own but the process just hangs when it
> comes to adding this file

There's nothing special about the intros they are just regular mpeg2
files.  They do need to have a DVD compliant  resolution. All the
current intros use 720x576 for PAL and 720x480 for NTSC. The audio track
probably should be AC3 for maximum compatibility. Just put them with the
other intros in your MythTV share directory and change the theme.xml
file you are using to point to the new intro.

If you come up with any interesting new themes I'd  like to take a look
and maybe add them to MythArchive :-)

Paul H.