[mythtv-users] i810 (ich5) and SPDIF :-(

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Wed Sep 13 20:30:00 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I'm in the process of building HD ready Myth box.
Hw is ASUS P5P800 (i865 + i810 ICH5).

My problem is SPDIF out.

Sound Hw is working OK - it tested SPDIF under Winblows.

Unfortunately under r5d1 I can't set-up SPDIF to work.

"aplay -l" reports that IEC958 in on card 0, dev 4.

Using
 "aplay -D hw:0,4 test.wav" gives  nothing (no any change, SPDIF is all
the time dead).

File is OK, because "aplay -D hw:0,0 test.wav" (this is analog) is
playing fine !

So question is: how can I debug and troubleshot this problem ?

many thanx in advance !