[mythtv-users] MythArchive: No sound on DVD - ffmpeg stream mapping problem

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Sep 13 20:29:32 UTC 2006

Andrew Meredith wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have just tried to burn a program from the recorded list to DVD. It
> all went very nicely indeed until I went to play the finished product.
> Absolutely superb in all respects but one ... no sound.

<snip>
> The problem is that the source file has two separate audio tracks; one
> mono (0.1) and one stereo (0.2). The ffmpeg command chooses the mono
> track to reprocess to the DVD format file (Stream #0.1 -> #0.1).
>
> I reran the ffmpeg command as above, but with "-map 0:0 -map 0:2" at the
> end instead and the resultant file had sound.

<snip>
> Cheers
>
> Andy M

I thing the algorithm to choose the correct audio stream needs tweaking
a little. It's worked fine for me in the UK with all the files I've
tried but I know of a least one other person where it failed to choose
the correct one. I need some additional information to figure out why
its not working.

Could you run mytharchivehelper to get the stream info on the original
file:-
mytharchivehelper -i /path/to/original/file streaminfo.xml 0
and email me the resulting file.

Thanks for doing some detective work by the way. I wish everyone would
do the same :-)

Paul H.