[mythtv-users] USB remote receiver

Mickey Chandler mickc at whizardries.com
Wed Sep 13 20:24:54 UTC 2006

I just bought a $350 HP s7400n slimline pc.  It's really quiet so
we'll be sticking it in the living room as a dedicated
frontend.  This was the easiest FC5 install I've ever done.

I only have two items left:

1) Getting a low profile video card to take the place of the modem
and handle tv out.  I've got one of these on order.

2) Figuring out how to make a remote control work.  Here is where I need help.

The one thing that is missing from this machine is a serial port, or
I would get the Ira-3 from home-electro.com.  That leaves me needing
using USB.  I don't really want to spend the money for a Tira (which
has a USB interface) as it's overkill -- I just need something to
receive signals from my remote.

Has anyone else gotten a USB IR Receiver to work with lirc?

--
Mickey Chandler

Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools.
      Gene Brown