[mythtv-users] Missing Recordings - 0.19 & 0.20

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Sep 13 19:05:34 UTC 2006

> I just installed a fresh copy of MythDora just to get up to speed
> quickly. I have 3 tuner cards, all DVB. FC4 recognises them all, as does
> Myth. However, when I try and record 3 programs at the same time,
> everything is telling me it is happening but the file is missing...any
> ideas? It doesn't matter what 3 programs. There is 232Gib of available
> space for recordings.

Can you get 2 simultaneous DVB-device recordings to work with valid files
for playback, but not three simultaneously (two good files and one zero
bytes)? That's my situation, I posted something that may be somewhat similar
yesterday (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/223469) and
haven't heard back from anyone yet. My diagnosis so far points to something
like a not-quite-big-enough kernel buffer but I'll happily be wrong.