[mythtv-users] 0.20's done

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Sep 13 18:05:34 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 1:25 pm, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Trey Thompson <trey at verustech.com> says:
> > > Mythfrontend needs to be restarted; the accompanying text for the
> > > option really should say so. This mystified me, too.
> >
> > Actually, on my box, it DID say that, and when I saved the settings, it
> > restarted MFE automatically...?
>
> Odd. It's quite possible I missed the text and the reboot in the
> excitement of looking for new settings and features.

The text is there, but could be a little clearer: 'Changing this requires a
restart.'  It does not automatically restart.

> > So here's a stupid question...  Exactly what menus are we talking about?
> > The overall main menus?  Watch TV, etc...?  Or the popup menu when I
> > press 'M'?
>
> I'm talking about the overall main menus. The slow fades with OpenGL
> would be completely intolerable (instead of just very annoying) if
> menu navigation wasn't possible until the fades were done.

Are you using a remote, or a keyboard?  The fade time seems just about right
for the responsiveness of remotes that I've been using.  I've been planning
on making it configurable later on, though.

Isaac