[mythtv-users] Higer load in .20

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Sep 13 15:21:45 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-13-09 at 17:06 +0200, barchanski at poczta.fm wrote:
> I have also noticed that playing LiveTV on .20 requires approx. 2 time more CPU than on 0.19

Wait people!

All these complaints of load are while watching LiveTV/recordings.  Did
the display of recordings incorporate some kind of OpenGL changes too?
If not, OpenGL is a red herring here.  Let's not get distracted by
things that may not have anything to do with the load.

If the load increase is with playing streams then we need to concentrate
on what happened to stream playing from 0.19 to 0.20.  Sadly IMHO, this
same thing happened from 0.18 to 0.19.  The playback engine required
more CPU.  Seems it's happened again.  :-(

Glad I am going to do my upgrade to 0.20 in such a way that I can
completely back out to 0.19 very easily if I have to on my poor little
PIII-600 if I have to.

b.

Brian J. Murrell