[mythtv-users] mythtranscode barfing

Janne Grunau janne-mythtvusers at grunau.be
Wed Sep 13 12:53:13 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 13:55, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 13 2006, Janne Grunau wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 September 2006 08:18, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a dvb-c setup that works quite nicely, except for
> > > mythtranscode.
> >
> > The mpeg2 lossless transcode is not as stable aseveryone wishes.
>
> Newbie question: can mythtranscode do mpeg2 -> divx (or whatever)
> conversions to save some more space, or would that be left for user
> defined jobs?

Yes it can. You have to configure a transcoding profile to activate it
(Setup -> TV Settings -> Recording Profiles -> Transcoders). Uncheck
the Lossless transcoding radio button and you should be able to setup
mpeg4 or rtjpeg as output codec.

> > > 2006-09-12 14:28:48.628 Unknown video codec:
> >
> > It segfaults after printing this line? I probably kow the error but
> > hadn't the time to fix it properly. I'll mail either a hack to
> > avoid the segfault or a proper fix today.
>
> It just exits nicely, no segfault.

Hmm, maybe a different error then. Not sure if it will bite for the divx
transcode too. It will help if you can make the first one or two
megabytes of the file available.

Janne