[mythtv-users] Large Drive setup for myth

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 13 08:16:02 UTC 2006

On 09/12/06 11:28, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>But, if you're using /mnt/store and /mnt/somewhereelse (i.e. anything
>but /mnt/store/somesub), you didn't read my comments about how to set up
>your directory structure.  Please re-read
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/221271#221271

OK, I take back what I said. For now, use any directory structure that's
desired--whether you have your additional directories as subdirectories
of the main recording directory or not. It's possible there will be some
future requirements for the location of recordings (and, therefore, for
the location of the symlinks representing recordings), but there
currently aren't and the future requirements are not yet fully defined.

Oh, and those future requirements may all be made moot by the work being
done toward #1744 (and storage groups).

Mike