[mythtv-users] Newb Question

Andrew Davis andrew at nccomp.com
Tue Sep 12 19:49:24 EDT 2006

I'm starting to get the impression that I'd have a much simpler solution
with my kid's room setup. We have Cox provided DVRs in the three rooms
with their "digital cable" at each. The benefit of this is that all
other rooms get the stock, basic cable so as long as I have a
cable-ready TV, I can get the "basic cable" (channels 0 - 99) without
paying Cox any extra. I'm gathering that a nice, simple solution would
be to simply put the myth box I'm building between the cable feed and
the TV in my kids room. Of course, that sort of negates the need for the
nice box and such. Hmmm... perhaps I should rethink this before I drop
over $2000 in h/w...