[mythtv-users] tivo series 3 released

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Tue Sep 12 18:08:51 EDT 2006

My solution to that was always going to be to perform the reverse
engineering outside of the USA's jurisdiction and then sell privately
via the web, customs aren't going to block you from selling once off's
into the USA. The amount of pirate software coming into the USA every
day is a good indication of that.

The main reason we killed the CableCard3 project (CableCard'Cubed') was
not only because of of the shitty negations with Cablelabs but also
because the state of cablecard at the moment means that a lot of
on-demand content is not accessible, once Cablelabs feels the heat from
the FCC they are going to implement the escape plan for the On-Chip
access solution and the dance will start all over again.

Until then, it's not worth realistically implementing a mythtv/cablecard
hack but if other people want to kick off and manage a bounty then I'll
kick in.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
dean at cognation.net
+1-212-203-4357 Ph
+1-917-207-3420 Mb
+61-2-9016-5642 (Sydney in-dial).

US,
> others--who aren't constrained by the DMCA--would have motive to crack
> it, thereby having a very different cost/benefit ratio than a US
cracker.

> Oh, and DeCSS is gray like speeding is gray.  It's very much against
the
> law--only you're not very likely to be prosecuted for doing it.
(True,