[mythtv-users] Apple iTV - potentially great HD frontend

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 12 16:46:54 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 04:27:34PM -0400, A JM wrote:
>    I thought it already was concluded that HD via wireless is not an option as
>    there wasn't enough bandwidth???

Broadcast HDTV is about 19mbps.  That's about a third of 802.11G, and a
sixth of pre-N.  So you can do it, if you have a clean RF environment,
and *good* wireless gear (there are some *miserably* shitty
implementations out there that are "good enough for consumer work".

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_