[mythtv-users] Manual scheduling failing?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 12 13:16:15 EDT 2006

On 09/12/06 09:55, Marek McGann wrote:

>I found out, to my dismay, that there are no xml listings for Irish television
>stations, so I'm going to have to do my recording manually until I work
>something out for that.
>
>Manual scheduling of recording isn't working on my box, however.

You still need to create a video source and associate it with inputs on
your capture card.  In 0.20 (the new version), just create a new video
source in mythtv-setup and select "No grabber" for the grabber.  Then,
create channels (using the channel editor--or, if it's digital, you can
do a channel scan, but channel scans for analog don't work well, so
you're better off creating new channels manually if using analog).
Then, associate the video source with an input in Input Connections.

If you have 0.19, upgrading to 0.20 will be easier than configuring your
system.

Mike