[mythtv-users] Palyback too fast

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Sep 12 15:31:29 UTC 2006

Phill Edwards wrote:
>> Sorry - problem solved. I forgot to disable the aRts sound system in
>> KDE. Once I did that it all worked fine.
>>

> Actually - correction. The problem has returned. aRts is definitely
> turned off in KDE so it must not have been that after all. Anyone have
> any ideas why all my recordings are playing back at a fast speed?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

This may be a long shot, but this is how I fixed my similar sounding
problem.

I compiled Myth SVN last night, and I noticed that in the configure
script it was not getting the setting 'XvMC OpenGL sup.' correct (I have
an nVidia card). I fixed that, recompiled, and then everything I watched
was garbled. It seemed like the sound was mostly correct, but the video
just jumped around, and it seemed like it was playing at 1.5 times, with
no pitch adjustment like what Myth normally does with the timestretch
feature. What I did was turn off 'OpenGL vsync' in the Playback Settings
screen, and then everything worked fine. Actually, I think the audio
sync is now BETTER than it was was before I recompiled.

So, to cut a long story short, if you are using .20, an nVidia card with
'Standard XvMC' set, and 'Open GL sync' turned on, try turning off 'Open
GL sync' and see if that fixes the problem.

Tom