[mythtv-users] Will this video card work easily for TVOut?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Mon Sep 11 19:42:40 UTC 2006

Can anyone confirm if this card will work EASILY for TVOut on FC5?

I would like to get a new dedicated machine for this purpose, but it
probably won't happen (wife will overrule!). So I need to use my backend
so I can use the PVR350's IR receiver. Problem is it has no PCI Express
or AGP! PITA! The system has a 1 Ghz Athlon with 768Meg RAM. I use a 250
and 350 for recordings, so I think it has enough horsepower to act as my
frontend too.

I guess my second option would be:
Lots of talk about the 5200 so I assume this one would be easy.(one of
the reviewers says it runs hot though, little scary).

Maybe I should go this route anyway, since it also has DVI?.?.?.?

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.