[mythtv-users] HD playback with xvmc

Welf welf at welf.org
Mon Sep 11 17:20:25 UTC 2006

> > I'm having some trouble getting HD content to
> playback using xvmc on
> > a VIA EN1500 with the CN700 chipset using revision
> 11012 of 0.19-
> > fixes branch of svn.  SD content plays back using
> xvmc just fine.
>
> Welf,
>
> I have a Via P4M800Pro and the output you posted looks
> all too familiar to me. :(  There are problems getting
> Via XvMC to work on HD with some Unichrome Pro
> chipsets.  You may want to join the discussion here:
>
>http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum.php?forumId=1
>
>There are several pertinent threads.  Best to read
>them all.

Yeah, I'm on the openchrome mailing list and saw a post by "fuzz" that
stated the driver currently in svn detects the CN700 as a non "PRO"
unichrome chipset and only creates 1024x1024 xvmc surfaces which can't
support HD content.  Guess I'll just wait for a patch to be
incorporated.  Hopefully it'll be soon.

Welf