[mythtv-users] unable to access LiveTv / videos

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Sep 11 15:57:00 UTC 2006

barchanski at poczta.fm wrote:
> I have a really weird problem.
>
> I am unable to play LiveTV and videos, although just before the problem occured everything worked fine. Mythfrontend gives following messages:

snip...
> As mentioned, LiveTV was working perfectly just before the problem occured, I even managed to set up EPG for Poland, what was quite difficult and time consuming.
>
> Same applies to videos: they displayed in a file browser and I could play them. Now mythtv says that /video/movies directory (where videos are stored) is empty - while it is not.

Do you have a separate frontend and backend? If so, are you mounting the
recordings directory via CIFS/SMB? If so, it will not work and you will
get the symptoms you have posted. You need to either use NFS to mount
the directory,
or don't mount the directory at all and let Myth stream the file itself.

If it is a combined frontend/backend, then I have no idea what the
problem might be, aside from permissions.

Tom