[mythtv-users] New HTPC case from Antec

Cameron Watt roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 15:27:46 UTC 2006

On 10/09/06, Ian Macdonald <ian at caliban.org> wrote:

> I've only tried to use it to learn my set-top box's remote control. It
> worked, but it produced a file that wasn't lirc-compatible. I needed an
> lirc-compatible file, so that I could use it to send the signals to my
> IR blaster.

There is talk on the OrigenAE forums about an IR sending addon module for
the these IR/VFD units. Apparently they are waiting to solve some problems
with the Windows MCE IR API before they release the module (their main
market is MCE), something about Micro$oft not releasing the details to the
general public. So us Linux users will have to wait :-(

> For those interested the IR receiver will also allow the PC to be
> > turned on/off by the remote, it has an on board relay that you can run
> > your case power switch through.
>
> Do you have this working? I couldn't quite figure out how to do it, as
> the Linux CLI doesn't seem to have a way of enabling/disabling this
> feature.

No, not yet. I have a dedicated FE/BE and it is nearly never off, so like
you I haven't spent much/any real time to get it going. Maybe when I get the
nvram auto shutdown/resume going it will be worth doing.

The linux client can set the power on / power off commands I think, but the
doco is much clearer on how to do it with the windows client.

Cheers,

Roo