[mythtv-users] Slow DB with large Previous Recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 9 08:16:57 UTC 2006

On 09/08/06 00:19, Ben Curtis wrote:

>>Specifically, optimize_mythdb.pl (and I recommend setting it up to run
>>in a daily cron job as described in the comments at the top of the
>>script).
>>
>Now this helped, a LOT.  It spent a bunch of time on the programs table,
>and now the finder and guide come up pretty quick.
>
>>Yes. That's less than 1MiB (991.5kiB). So, what's taking up all the space:

>>So, nearly all of the space is in my recordedmarkup and recordedseek
>>tables
>>
>Good find, but I don't think these tables will effect UI slowness for the
>guide or finder.

Exactly.  So, as I was saying, the largest table is one that's of no
impact to program listings.  The program table is tiny in comparison, so
it's not your table sizes.

>Looks like the optimize script was the winner, thanks for pointing that
>out to me!  And thanks everyone else for your responses.

Yeah.  A corrupt database will tend to slow things down--even for a
database table without many entries (i.e. with a tiny program table)...

Mike