[mythtv-users] Channel change on two SA3250HD

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 23:24:13 UTC 2006

On 9/4/06, William Munson <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> Allan Wilson wrote:
> > I just received my second SA3250HD cable box from Charter and plugged
> > directly from the second cable box to an additional firewire port, not
> > daisy chaining. Test-mpeg2 works great and I can get video from both
> > and Myth sees both ports no problem. The only problem I am having is
> > the channel change program only seems to work with my new box and now
> > when I am on my old cable box it changes the channel on my new box. I
> > am not sure what the recommended process is for this, two channel
> > change programs or maybe daisy chain the boxes to fix it? For others
> > with multiple firewire cable boxes how does your channel changing
> > work. Thanks for any help
> >
> Probably your easiest fix would be to run two scripts, each configured
> for a specific port. I use a similar system with MyBlaster brand ir
> transmitters.

I was just reading on the discussion of mythtv:firewire on the wiki that:

I forgot to mention that 6200ch isn't an entirely out-of-the-box solution,
anyway; you still need to specify the node with -n in a multibox situation.
You don't actually have more than one FireWire cable box, do you? If you did
I bet you'd run into the (for example) "both boxes can't be on broadcast"
issue.YLee<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php?title=User:YLee&action=edit>16:37,
8 March 2006 (UTC)

Does this mean that in the setup where I put the channel change command I
can use the -n switch to specify the node or I need to put it somewhere
else? This sounds like my exact problem of channel changes happening on the
wrong box. Thanks for any help

Allan