[mythtv-users] Touchscreen Myth Frontend

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Fri Sep 8 06:54:59 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 02:26:22AM +0100, Stephen Boddy wrote:
> On Friday 08 September 2006 00:36, Dan Hawker wrote:
> > <snip>
>
> Personally, having greasy finger prints all over the program/video/dvd/picture
> I'm trying to view would distract the hell out of me.

I use a lot of touch-screen equipment at work, and greasy fingers
is the least of the problems.  The main things that would keep me
away from touch is their tendency to drift (the older they get the
faster they go out of alignment - we have some NEC 20" displays
that need realignment almost every day) and the fact that the touch
film is extremely glossy.  Contrary to popular belief, LCD displays
also suffer from burn-in (in some cases worse than CRTs) and that
can be much more distracting than fingerprints.