[mythtv-users] Problem with LiveTV Playback

Matthias Thyroff lists at Thyroff.net
Fri Sep 8 06:12:21 UTC 2006

Am Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:58:45 -0700
schrieb "Matthew Walkup" <mwalkup at walkupnet.com>:

> List,
>
> I am having difficulty getting video play back on Live TV.  The
> screen is completely black.  What's curious to me, is in the cache
> directory, I do see buffer, and I can open the buffer in mplayer, and
> it plays fine.
>
> root at mythtv01:/var/cache/mythtv# ls -la
> total 564
> drwxrwsr-x  2 mythtv mythtv   4096 2006-09-07 10:23 .
> drwxr-xr-x 14 root   root     4096 2006-09-02 23:04 ..
> -rw-r--r--  1 root   mythtv 565184 2006-09-07 10:23 ringbuf1.nuv
>
> I'm using 2 PVR-250s, attempting to get 1 of them to work at a time
> (/dev/video0).  The only line that really catches my eye is:
> 2006-09-07 10:13:07.227 nVidiaVideoSync: Could not open
> device /dev/nvidia0, No such device or address
>
> But I do not have an nvidia device (I have a matrox card), and I
> can't find anywhere in the settings that set it to use an nvidia
> device.  I'm a MythTV noob, but I do note that something must be
> wrong with the playback (and not with the capture cards, etc) because
> I do see the buffer, and the buffer plays in mplayer.
>
> Below are my lspci and outputs.
>
> Thanks all for your time,
>
> Matt

I did not have success getting myth with xv to work on a matrox card
(G650).

Try

export NO_XV=1

before starting mythfrontend, then you should at least get an image.
That way, my XP2500+ is too slow to show smooth SD, though.