[mythtv-users] Per Card Volume Control Bounty started

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu Sep 7 23:21:37 UTC 2006

> This is a feature that has been mentioned many times, but frankly I
> doubt that it would help the real problem.

True to an extent, personally I have no problem with the relatively minor
volume differences between channels (differences one encounters using a
normal TV), of course I do have that remote and often adjust just based on
the show.

The volume difference between cards and to a lesser extent inputs can be
rather significant.

The ivtvdriver.org page:

Says it can be over 9 dB if you are unlucky. I imagine it is those unlucky
who most desire this feature. (I notice a not insignificant difference
between several 250s I have and a 350 for example)

> So how does a user handle paying a bounty on some work that doesn't
> really solve his problem? Probably by not paying it.

A natural problem with any contract job. As the bounty is on per-card volume
control it seems specific enough. Clearly if bounties become popular it
behooves the developer to nail down requirements beforehand.

Anduin Withers