[mythtv-users] Missing channel icons and video posters in mythweb

Chad Delatte gremlin190 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 19:31:19 UTC 2006

Chad Delatte wrote:
> Hey guys,
> For whatever reason I cannot get the video covers
> mythvideo or the channel icons to show uop in
> I do however have the recorded programs snapshots.

Channel icons usually needs mythweb to have read
access to the
mythfrontend cache directory that holds them.

I currently have the user set to mythtv and the group
set to mythtv.  I have added nobody and apache to my
mythtv group and users.  The mythvideo folder and
channel folder have the folowing attributes:
Owner: Can read & write
Group: Can Read & write
Others: Can read & write

User: Mythtv
Group: mythtv

Under mythweb settings the MythVideo artwork directory
points to the correct location.  Also under
/var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_icons I have the icons
and under video_covers I have the jpg's.  They just
don't show up on Mythweb. I'm using FC5 if that helps.
Thanks again

Request a channel icon directly (copy the src from the
web page), and
I'll bet you'll get a 403 or something. Chances are
your Apache is
configured to follow symlinks only if the owner of a
symlink also owns
the file.

I ended up fixing this by running Apache under the
mythtv user instead of Apache, Apache.  things now
work properly.  Thanks for the help Mike.

BTW If there is a better way for me to do this by
leaving the user as Apache?

Do You Yahoo!?