[mythtv-users] FF displaying location

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 7 04:07:53 UTC 2006

On 09/06/2006 10:27 PM, Trey Thompson wrote:

>Since that ticket seems to indicate dropping support for the 350, would
>you (or anyone else) recommend that I return the 350, and get something
>else with a good recommended video card?

I would never recommend doing that.  But, I will say that I have a
PVR-350 and I don't use its TV out--instead using my GF4MX440 (although
a GF5200 is a better choice).

(Technically, I'm now using its VGA out, but when I was using its TV
out, the quality was not noticibly different from the PVR-350 TV out.
Although, it took quite some time to figure out how to properly
configure the NVIDIA card for good-quality TV out--whereas, getting good
quality TV out with the PVR-350 was just a matter of getting PVR-350 TV
out working.)

Mike