[mythtv-users] File system setup

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 6 23:44:15 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 05:18:20PM -0400, Chris McCuller wrote:
> with an Athlon64 3000+ and 1GB of RAM, any advantages or disadvantages
> to going with XFS over JFS?

Well, I've had several problems in the pase with XFS *roots*, because
XFS wasn't in the kernel, and SuSE didn't *build* it in, so I could nor
do an upgrade at all.

Other than that, and ceratinly for media drives, yeah, it's great.

Be careful of LVM: if you lose a drive in a VG, you will *not* be a
happy camper.

Ob: Has anything ever happened on multiple storage directories?

Cheers,
-- jra

	The Internet: We paved paradise, and put up a snarking lot.