[mythtv-users] Paying one or some of the developers

Tom Craddock Jr sigtom at sigtom.com
Wed Sep 6 17:55:52 UTC 2006

Dean Collins wrote:
>> The problem I see with these is they still all rely on the people that
>> offer into the bounty to pay at the time the bounty is completed and
>> the money is not stored somewhere, like an account, with the
>> possibility of later return if the bounty is not met by a certain
>> date. I hope that noone would renege on their donation to the bounty,
>> but I think that is the fear Isaac and perhaps other dev's have with
>> the bounty concept.
>>

> As long as the list is public people don't renege (not for $20 anyway)
>
> Asterisk has a long history of successful bounties being delivered and
> paid for.
>
> Just post subsections on the wikki and post your requirements along with
> an email request that people add their names and amounts if they feel it
> will be of value to them.
>

> Cheers,
> Dean

How do you get that? Just because its public doesnt mean people wont
reneg on money....its just an email list, theres no guarantee that
people would pay . Theres no way to tell if people are who they say they
are, someone could make up an anon email addy, post a bounty, a dev gets
the code done and they drop that anon email addy.

Tom