[mythtv-users] Paying one or some of the developers

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 13:14:37 UTC 2006

On 9/6/06, Dean Collins <Dean at collins.net.pr> wrote:
> > The problem I see with these is they still all rely on the people that
> > offer into the bounty to pay at the time the bounty is completed and
> > the money is not stored somewhere, like an account, with the
> > possibility of later return if the bounty is not met by a certain
> > date. I hope that noone would renege on their donation to the bounty,
> > but I think that is the fear Isaac and perhaps other dev's have with
> > the bounty concept.
>
> As long as the list is public people don't renege (not for $20 anyway)
>
> Asterisk has a long history of successful bounties being delivered and
> paid for.
>
> Just post subsections on the wikki and post your requirements along with
> an email request that people add their names and amounts if they feel it
> will be of value to them.

Aha! found https://www.fundable.org/
They collect the payment methods from the users and collect payment
when the "bounty" is met. They also offer an expiration date for the
collection.

I found them through http://bountycounty.org/ were we can post the
bounties for wider viewing. I guess their deal is just to have a
central location for people interested in development bounties to find
them.

Like I said, I'm very interested in putting together a bounty for a
MythMusic rewrite, I'll write something up in a new thread about it.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!