[mythtv-users] mythtv LIRC remote infared help

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 05:45:38 UTC 2006

On 04/09/06, Bill Ye <bybyebye at gmail.com> wrote:
>  ________________________________
>
> Hi, I'm using the guide from http://wilsonet.com to install my infrared
> remote receiver for pvr hauppage pvr-150. I'm able to follow all the
> instructions and got everything installed but when i run "irw" i get an
> error: connect: Connection refused.

lircd is not running (or /dev/lircd lacks write permissions). Do a:

$ ls -la /dev/lirc*

and check the permissions of your devices. You can also use

$ /sbin/service lircd status

to get the status of the LIRC daemon and see whether it is running.

On Fedora, lircd options are kept in /etc/sysconfig/lircd, so this is
where you can specify the correct device (/dev/lirc is the default for
lircd, but I think that udev creates /dev/lirc0 when the kernel
modules are loaded). If you used ATRPMS to install LIRC, then it
should have installed an init script in /etc/init.d/lircd.

If you do not have a /dev/lirc device node, you can either edit the
LIRC udev rule to create a symlink to /dev/lirc, or you can add the
"-d /dev/lirc0" option in /etc/sysconfig/lircd.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/