[mythtv-users] V4L recording problem - live ok, sheduled bad

jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Wed Sep 6 04:12:08 UTC 2006

>> I have just added an analog capture card to capture video from a STB.
>> The system is running MythTV svn trunk (updated last night).
>> When I watch live TV from the analog input it works well.
>> When I try to watch a recording from the analog input the video is 99%
>> garbage. Audio is ok.
Correction - it looks like sometimes it can record perfectly and
sometimes it records garbage (invalid MPEG4 data).

LiveTV sometimes works, but is failing for the program I am wanting to
watch now.

Likewise I found a scheduled recording that recorded ok.

I have switched to RTJPEG and it works ok... I will run some more tests
after the show.