[mythtv-users] sound not recording

Timothy Braje tbraje at myvest.com
Tue Sep 5 00:30:44 UTC 2006

> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html
>
> And your test proves that it's just an issue with improper mixer config
> (assuming proper cabling config).
>
> Mike

I am still a little confused.  This system used to be used as a OTA HDTV
recorder, and everything worked fine.  I have recently had to hook it up
to a directv receiver, as I have moved and have no OTA reception.  In
fact, I can still play old recordings, and sound does work.  I use alsa
for sound playback, but it was suggested to me in a previous post of
this thread that I should be using OSS drivers for the V4L recording.
So, I have loaded the oss drivers for this purpose.  I have my V4L video
source configured to use /dev/dsp for audio.  I am fairly confident that
the sound is just not being recorded, and it is not a playback issue
(since I can play back old files just fine).

Do I need to connect my capture card to my sound card for sound recording?

Tim