[mythtv-users] Paying one or some of the developers

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Mon Sep 4 18:52:57 UTC 2006

On Monday 04 September 2006 2:29 pm, Dean Collins wrote:
> Which developer is being asked to do something without a documented
> bounty?

Uh, none of them are?  Are you intentionally misreading what I'm writing?

> No body with half a brain would start work on something without a
> clearly defined risk/reward.
>
> What has worked exceptionally in the Asterisk community is a list of
> people who all agree in advance that they would support a small
> development that whilst it may be worth $10 to each of them individually
> with 50 people kicking in the application is well worth the effort.

Depends on how you value your time, I suppose.  I'd rather give work away than
collect an insignificant amount of money from it.

> Like I stated before, it needs a strong leadership team and possibly
> that's whats missing with MythTV.

Riiight.  Because none of us are interested in tiny little $25 bounties, Myth
is missing a "strong leadership team".  Good reasoning.

Isaac