[mythtv-users] Hauppauge remote, numbers not working

Graeme Hilton graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk
Sun Sep 3 22:39:40 UTC 2006

This is embarrassing... solving the problem 10 minutes after posting.
Here's the solution, in case anyone cares or has a similar problem in
the future.
Graeme Hilton wrote:
> Graeme Hilton wrote:
>> I recently updated my kernel on FC4 to 2.6.17-1.2141_FC4.  I have no
>> major problems except that the numbers on my hauppauge remote have
>> stopped working!
>>
>> I can use irw to monitor which key presses are making it to the system
>> and every key works except the numbers 0-9 (the star and the hash work).
>
> Also, monitoring the lircd logfile shows me that pressing the key does
> produce get me an output, but for some reason the key press doesn't get
> any further than lircd.
>
>> If I go back to kernel 2.6.15 it works fine, kernel 2.6.16 doesn't.
>> Does anyone have a clue what's going on?
I still don't have a clue what happened, but using
$sudo /sbin/service lirc stop
$sudo irrecord -H dev/input -d /dev/input/event0 lircd.conf
produced a lircd.conf file that makes the numbers work.  I can't see any
difference between this file (attached) and the original, other than the
 gap line which has changed from 1359848 to 135900.  Not an enormous
change...

A quick restart of lirc and mythfrontend and everything works great.

Sorry for the noise on the list.

--
Graeme Hilton