[mythtv-users] Cannot schedule recordings

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 20:29:19 UTC 2006

On 03/09/06, marcus <lists at wordit.com> wrote:
> When I try to schedule a recording I get the following errors and Myth
> says that no recordings are scheduled:
> 2006-09-03 19:24:13.439 Connecting to backend server:
> (try 1 of 5)
> 2006-09-03 19:24:33.449 ReadStringList timeout (quick).
> 2006-09-03 19:24:33.449 Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION:
> error querying master in ProgramList::FromScheduler
> 2006-09-03 19:24:49.977 Connecting to backend server:
> (try 1 of 5)
> (This output is repeated several times.)
> I can watch Live TV, but Myth does complain about my channel number 60
> at startup and tells me to check/edit it. Where do I do that?

mythtv-setup - check the start channel for the input in question. You
can also use the channel editor to make sure your channels exist and
are attached to a defined video source.

> All programs come through channel 60 because I am using a DBV-T
> set-top-box, which is fed to the PVR-150.

How have you setup your channels and how are your listings being
obtained? Are you trying to schedule a recording manually, or using
the EPG/lists to select programs to record?

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: