[mythtv-users] File system question

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 21:35:27 UTC 2006

On 02/09/06, Glen Johnson <gjohnson at vhcc.edu> wrote:
> I know this has got to be an easy question but I'm having a dumb day and
> can't find the answer on google.  I've read on the fedora site, myth
> wiki and documentation too.
> I've installed FC5 and updated.  Installed Myth19 via yum.
> Before configuring myth, I want to set up a raid 5 array for video using
> 4 drives.  I now know I should have done this during the initial setup
> but I didn't have all the drives for the array at that time.
> I'm to the formatting step and don't see any support for resisefs, xfs
> or jfs file systems.

For the archives - Fedora users need to install the following packages
depending on the filesystem support required:

XFS - install xfsprogs package
JFS - install jfsutils package
ReiserFS - install reiserfs-utils package
ext2/3 - install e2fsprogs package

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: