[mythtv-users] Scan for new music locks up at 75%

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 18:57:00 UTC 2006

On 9/2/06, Craig Partin <cpartin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/1/06, Justin The Cynical <cynical at penguinness.org> wrote:
> > Michael Lenth wrote:
> >
> > > When scanning for new music to add to the library, the first pass or
> > > getting files goes to 100%, Then on the second pass it will start
> > > importing the id tags.  The bar will lock up at 75%,  It locks the GUI.
> > > I have to reboot from the prompt.
> >
> > *snip*
> >
> > > Is there a limit to the number of songs that the library will handle?
> >
> > I've not seen a limit.  I've got over 13000 files on my server and it
> > sees them all...  with a few exceptions.
> >
> > I had a similar problem and I narrowed it down to a few files that would
> > cause the SQL insert to 'hang'.  I've not looked closely yet to see why
> > they stopped the import, but I'm guessing it's a bad ID3 tag.  I'm going
> > to rewrite it and try the import again when I find the time.
> >
> > Try running the frontend with SQL verbose turned on and see which file
> > it's stopping on.  Move them, try again.
> I had a similar problem and it was corrupt files.  They wouldn't play
> in any software player so I just deleted them.  IIRC the myth log was
> where I found which track was borking the import.

Same for me, I had a few tracks that caused it to hiccup like this. I
did scan my 30,000 file collection during the week with no problems

a great tagger (albeit for windows, but there are no good taggers for
linux...) is "The Godfather" at
its free but not OSS, but the author is active on the board and very nice.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -