[mythtv-users] Hardware encoding ffmpeg/mytharchive dule core

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 18:52:53 UTC 2006

On 9/2/06, Argus Array <argusarray at gmail.com> wrote:
> I often wondered about this too. Is it true that ffmpeg doesn't support
> encoding on multiple cores? In the change log, I notice these comments under
> version 0.4.9-pre1:
> http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/changelog.html
> - multithreaded/SMP motion estimation
> - multithreaded/SMP encoding for MPEG-1/MPEG-2/MPEG-4/H.263
> - multithreaded/SMP decoding for MPEG-2

sweet. I may need to get an X2 for my master backend soon!

> It sure would be nice as we move towards 4 and 8 cores per chip in the year.

which is crazyness! apparently intel is working on realtime raytracing
for gaming because of their soon-to-be-released 4 core chips which
will finally have enough power to allow for this.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -