No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

San Francisco Bay Area Comcast does not select the DTCP level and does
not do 5C encryption.
<snip section where they talk about how my firewire device i.e.
mythbox may not conform to the ieee1394 standard>
Again, 5C is a standard selected by programmers, content owners, and
implemented by transport and consumer equipment.  Our cable operation
is just part of the transport medium and is not encrypting or making
encrypting decisions.

They are are trying to place the blame for 5C with the networks,
1394TA and EFF are investigating that claim.